Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hitting the Road (5/6/12)

To those who are interested,

Today was very frustrating.  Unfortunately the trail is very poorly marked and I therefor missed the turn that would take me off the road and onto the GR 653.  The rout to Saint Gilles is normally about 17 kilometers.  I believe I extended that to about 30 kilometers as I followed the highway south west and then had to turn directly north to reach my destination.  The painfully repetitive sounds of the cars swooshing by was healed by the flow of 2Pac bumping out of my headphones.  Thank God for the 21st century!  I arrived in Saint Gilles exhausted.  It finally proved that the Murdernator has his physical limits!  I was greeted at the gates of the Maison du Pelerin by a charming old couple.  They offered me a glass of water, and after telling me that the best thing for muscle soreness is drinking a lot of water I asked for another.  I downed them both before they showed me to my quarters, which were empty (and would remain empty, allowing me to spread myself comfortably).

For dinner, I found some rice in the kitchen and cooked it with some of my salami and cheese that I had brought for lunch.  It was good considering I am not a genius in the kitchen and was not presented with a plethora of ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment