Sunday, April 22, 2012

Project Praying Feet

This blog will follow me, Brice Lockard, on my senior project as a take route on a stretch of the St. Jacque de Compostelle trail that starts in Arles goes through Montpellier and extends to Gingac.  The hike is approximately 140 kilometers giving me the title of a "pilgrim."  Although I am not religious, I intend to ask the essential question; what is the significance of a pilgrimage? and what drives people of faith to pursue one?  On this blog I will post interviews with fellow pilgrims, pictures, and hopefully some eventful stories.

As I approach this pilgrimage, I feel more and more confident to tackle this undertaking.  This project is a test to my creative writing, reporting, interviewing, and physical stamina as I will be engaged in activities that require all of these.  Most importantly, however, this project, because if its truly liberal nature, will allow me to have the self confidence to focus on areas that I choose to focus on giving the project my own perspective and authenticity.  Finally, this trip entails initiative (as I have come up with it on my own),  planning and time management, which I feel is supporting a skill I have learned through sports at Drew, my high school.

I would be honored if you would follow me!

2 comments: